Rafael Jaime Jaramillo is an international speaker and Paralympic triathlete who has achieved multiple world records. He´s the only blind person in the world to have climbed the Aconcagua mountain, the tallest in America. One of his most recent accomplishments is being the first blind person in Iberomaerica to climb the Denali Mountain. This is just a small taste of all the achievements on his list:
- Cancun International Marathon
- Lala Torreón International Marathon
- San Gil Triathlon
- Durango-Mazatlán Route 320 kilometers
- Torreón Triathlon
- Gran Fondo Alcalá
- La Paz Sprint Triathlon, Barcelona
- Ironman Texas
- Ironman Cozumel
- Competed in the Paralympic Games in Brazil
Today we will take about 5 facts that you should know about Rafa.
- Rafael Jaime Jaramillo was born on June 24, 1988, in Salamanca, Guanajuato.
- At age 4, he overcame bilateral retinoblastoma, retinal cancer to which he lost his left eye. At age 18, he suffered from optic nerve cancer again, which left his right eye blind. But that never stopped him.
- People magazine considered him as one of the top 10 most influential blind people in the world. Read more in this article.
- Sports helped his development as a person, inspiring and motivating us.
- The relationship between Rafa and Omar goes beyond being partners in mountaineering.
For more information about Rafael Jaime follow him on website and social network accounts:
Official Website: http://www.rafajaime.com.mx/